The art of Yeondoo Jung


Rayna showed me some artworks done by photographer Yeondoo Jung tonight and they were mighty impressive. I'd never heard of him before and know next to nothing about him, except he is Korean and based in Seoul. The works in question were from his 2005 series "Wonderland", where he took children's crayon drawing and recreated them in real life. I had a quick look through his website and his works seem to deal a lot with the blurring of the natural world and the staged, composed world within it. His use of composition seems to be in the service of making the viewer aware of the fact they are looking at a photograph, it's kind of self-referential. I'm doing an awful job at explaining this, go look for yourselves and maybe you'll understand what I'm trying (unsuccessfully) to say.
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Digg
  • Delicious
  • Google Buzz

0 comments: