Nicolai Howalt

In 2004 I went to a design conference in Melbourne called AGIdeas. It's a great event, highly recommended. There was a speaker named Jeff Busby, who is an Australian photographer, who had just released a book of photos he'd taken of car-crashes. It was really good, but being the poor university student I was at the time,who had just spent most of his cash on a plane ticket, accommodation and booze booze booze (Newcastle Brown Ale, I believe. That was a great idea...), I couldn't afford more than one book by a speaker that year, and instead I picked up a book about propaganda posters in the Croat/Serbian war (which is a brilliant book, by the way).

Why do I bring this up? Because Nicolai Howalt also takes photos of car crashes, and it caught my eye. Check out some more of his work here. It's good stuff. Abstract and beautiful, but sinister when you consider the subject matter. Would look great as large-scale prints, especially the yellow on below. That's it, short and sweet.



  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Digg
  • Delicious
  • Google Buzz

0 comments: