Anniversary Muscles


Cover for a card i made for my grandparents on the occasion of their 60th wedding anniversary. My original design failed due to some unexpected printer problems, so this was done as a quick last minute thing. If I had more time I would have liked to refine the typography much more, with (much) better base type and then much more delicate custom ornamental swirls. I'm not really happy with it at all. The counters being knocked out doesn't work either. It really is a mess. But I literally had 15 minutes to do this, so this is how it was on the card. I'll revisit it later and get it looking right.

The sentiment was something along the lines of "the guy in this card wishes his muscles were as strong as your marriage", but really I just liked the idea of having a card with enormous bodybuilder muscles blown up on the front all abstract-like. Looks quite good when wrapped around on to the back too.
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Digg
  • Delicious
  • Google Buzz

0 comments: